Sunday, January 15, 2012

Our Night at the Golden Globe Awards

I love to watch the Golden Globe and the Academy Awards shows. While growing up, my mom, my brother Carl and I always watched the Academy Awards.  I really can't remember missing very many of them, except for several years when Jerry and I did not have a television.  So, this year I suggested that Jerry and I dress in formal attire to watch the show.
To get ready for the awards show, on Saturday, I gave myself a facial with products from the company Origins that I have used for years.  I planned our dinner and made sure we had some wine for the evening.
We started with a simple lettuce and tomato salad.  For entrees Jerry had mahi mahi baked in a pineapple marinade.  I had trout filled with crab.  The side dishes were white beans and broccoli.  We selected Cabernet Sauvignon wine.
I wore a gown that I made years ago to wear to a masquerade ball.  The dress was from a Simplicity 0673 pattern as a replica of a dress worn in the movie The Titanic.  It was so fun to see the sequins on it sparkle while we had dinner.  Jerry wore a tuxedo jacket and black jeans.  I have included a few pictures below.
1st Toast for the evening
The entrance












Mary
Of course, my favorite fashion critic, Mary Robertson, stayed in touch with us during the show.  She favored Claire Danes' gown.  I also really liked the gown that Angelina Jolie wore.  Mary gave me permission to include her picture as the featured guest for this posting.  

Jerry and I had a lovely dinner but I must say it felt great after dinner to put on our normal clothes to finish watching the Golden Globe Awards show.  We enjoyed it all!
It was fun to dress up for the evening.............I do love costumes!........and am looking forward to the Academy Awards in February!

We have a great week ahead!
Many blessings to all of you,
                                     Kay

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics of you and Dad!!! Sounds like it was a fun evening. I have lots of movies to see before the Oscars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I can't wait to see your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea! Your dress is gorgeous!!! if you managed to sew that the little dress for your granddaughter shouldn't present any problems. Yes, I did use the diameter of the t-shirt to determine the width of the 12 pieces :-).
    like your blog and am following you now
    love
    jutta

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!