Sunday, June 16, 2013

Headbands

One day I decided to crochet a few headbands with some leftover yarn.

For the purple headband I used Vanna's Choice yarn that was leftover from a cowl and fingerless gloves project.....click here to see it.

I also made a turban headband to go with the cowl and gloves.  I forgot to take a photo of the turban headband but can just say that it turned out beautiful.

The purple cowl and fingerless gloves did sell at a craft show that my daughter Jessica (SunnyStitching) who live in England participated in.

I believe the turban headbands will be for sale soon along with other pretty headbands already available in our etsy store SunshineMakings ...keep an eye on the store to see when they are available.

I used this pattern for the purple headband below.
Ribbon is added to the crocheted front of the headband to tie it around the head with a pretty bow in the back that looks nice, especially if worn with a ponytail or swept up hairstyle.
 
 I knitted the grey headband using Caron Simply Soft yarn. It was a little too long so I added some buttons to make it fit snugger.  I like the color of the buttons....They are both actually the same, just look different in the lighting of the photo.
 They were a fun and quick project.

Creating with yarn when crocheting or knitting is delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!